The Shipping Lead is responsible for efficiently controlling productivity through direct supervision of shipping associates. Shipping leads are responsible for leading, training and supervising all associates under this position. They are responsible for safe movement and loading of all customers’ product. They are required to check and complete all required paperwork. They are also required to maintain inventories, operate forklifts, and preform quality checks.
HOURS: 2nd Shift (2:00pm until the end of production)
PAY: (based on experience). Morris & Dickson offers competitive compensation, training, career progression, and provides comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, dental, and 401k).
Daily responsibilities include:
This job includes the following duties and any other as assigned by current manager:
- Lead training, and oversee daily shipping functions.
- Communicate any discrepancies and/or performance issues to the Supervisor or Warehouse Manager in a timely manner.
- Follow, interpret and apply company policies, and procedures to team members.
- Floor 95%
- Schedule the work while in process, taking responsibility for quality and efficiency.
- Communicate company policies, procedures, and methods to associates as required.
- Responsible for any other duties or tasks as assigned by Management and to take direction from Supervisor at all times.
- High School Education
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication abilities
- Strong computer proficiency.
- Previous working experience in a Warehouse as a Shipping Lead is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to perform duties in an independent manner with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Shift schedule includes days, nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Frequent movements include walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing, and other active movements.